Episode 20: Hosai Mojaddidi
"Success is to know you."
Hosai Mojaddidi, Spiritual Advisor and Health Advocate, on becoming a spiritual advisor, finding God and defining success
“Why was I put on this earth? What is my purpose? How can I awaken my spiritual being?”
We grapple with these questions at some point in our lives. Sometimes this inquiry becomes a life long journey as we soul search to find answers. Fortunately, we don’t have to undertake this journey alone. We have guides, like Hosai Mojaddidi, whose calling in life is to help others heal broken hearts and reach spiritual fulfillment whether it’s one’s relationship to self, to others or to God.
Hosai Mojaddidi is the co-Founder of www.mentalhealth4muslims.com where she advocates for and writes about various mental health related topics tailored for Muslims. Hosai is one of a few Muslim female spiritual advisors, tackling tough topics facing the Muslim community ranging from women’s rights, marriage/family crisis, mental health and Islamophobia.
Hosai has been a social activist for the last 20 years. She is community organizer and interfaith bridge builder. During the terror attacks of San Bernardino and Paris, she was featured on NPR’s “Morning Edition” and Al Jazeera’s “The Stream” for her commentary on the hijab and Muslim women’s safety in light of the rising tide of hate crimes against Muslim women.
This is an important conversation that you don’t want to miss. Hosai is one authentic, courageous leader who speaks from her heart.
Find out from the podcast how Hosai:
- Paved her way to become a spiritual advisor and prominent speaker in a male centered environment
- Realized that she had the power to help others in one crucial moment
- Embodies presence in her role as a spiritual advisor
- Found Islam and instilled a personal connection with God
- Embraced the hijab in her own life and her advice that created a backlash
- Believes that compassion and love are desperately needed especially in our marginalized communities
- Overcame the most difficult time in her life and how she learned to become vulnerable on a "mountain"
- Defines the meaning of success and why she believes self-actualization is so important
"Success is to know you."- Hosai Mojaddidi
Hosai Mojaddidi is the co-Founder of www.mentalhealth4muslims.com where she advocates for and writes about various mental health related topics tailored for Muslims. She has served the American-Muslim community for nearly 20 years as an activist, writer/editor, mediator, interfaith organizer, and public speaker, covering a variety of topics including women's issues, marriage/family, education, self development, interfaith bridge building, spirituality, etc.
In her spare time she enjoys reading, writing, blogging via social media (Facebook and Twitter), doing arts and crafts, visiting gourmet coffee shops, and exploring the countless beautiful parks, beaches and nature preserves throughout Northern California where she lives with her husband, two sons, and fish named Max.