Episode 8: Joy C. Lin
"There is always a silver lining in everything you experience."
Joy C Lin,
Career Strategist and Coach, on helping you become the person you didn't think you could be
Joy Lin knows a thing or two about career transitions. Upon graduating from college , she did what any hopeful college graduate aspires to do: get a well-paying job at a highly respected firm and be on her way up the corporate ladder to become CFO. However, Joy very quickly discovered that she had to do a lot of re-rerouting both personally and professionally. She took time off to discover herself by researching a lot of industries and talking to people. Joy realized that music brought out the best in her, most importantly her authentic side which she lost touch with.
hrough this career transition, Joy decided that she wanted to make her life purpose as a career strategist; by dedicating the rest of her life leading by example and helping others design an optimal life and career. Joy founded Quarter Life Joy, which is helping people improve themselves to operating at their best.
If you are looking for guidance on career strategy, resume writing, or coaching, she is your gal!
Find out from the podcast how Joy:
- Found her voice through her writing.
- Handles criticism and doubters being in the public eye and her techniques to overcome both.
- Lives by the following quote from Maya Angelou, “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”.
- Relies on two strengths in her coaching practice.
- Learned discipline and time management through her strict Taiwanese upbringing and uses these skills in her professional career.
- Developed her interest as a musician and the various instruments she played growing up.
- Grew up on "Chicken Soup for the Soul".
- Learned to become open with her struggles and to sharing them with the public.
- Views success as a feeling that can be accomplished everyday.
- Uses daily rituals to take care of her physical and mental being.
Joy has achieved a level of wisdom beyond her years. Get ready to ponder and reflect after listening to this podcast with Joy.
Upon graduating from UC Berkeley in Economics, Joy signed a competitive offer at a highly-respected firm. Much to her dismay, she realized she had a lot of intuitive re-routing to do, personally and professionally.
After a successful and enlightening career transition, she decided to dedicate the rest of her life leading by example and helping others design an optimal life and career. Since then, she has worked on major and independent label projects and artists in the music industry for 5 years, ran her first marathon, and now coached over 40 individuals 1-on-1 from London to LA. She developed the Quarter Life Joy, which is the choice to take control of transitions in our professional and personal lives. It is using the momentum of change to continually challenge and design a life on stronger foundations. Working with Joy can give you the habits, tools, and instincts needed for confident decision-making, now and in your lifetime.
Joy is published on Forbes, Career Contessa, The Muse, Elephant Journal, Peaceful Dumpling, Millionaire Girls’ Movement, and more.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit her website at www.quarterlifejoy.com